The Museum is located in the historic Bereiter House at 855 East Smith Street.
Parking is available behind the house off East Temperance Street.
The Museum is open Wednesday through Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m. and by appointment.
Phone # (253) 854-4330
Admission is by a suggested $2 donation; no tickets are required for entrance to the Museum.
The Greater Kent Historical Society (GKHS) is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization in the state of Washington that promotes the discovery, preservation and dissemination of knowledge about the history of the greater Kent area.
All donations are tax deductible as allowed by IRS law.
GKHS operates the Kent Historical Museum.
Please see our profile on GuideStar.org for more details.
Capitol Coal Mine
This was the Capitol Coal Mine, year unknown… [more]
Green River: Lifeblood of the Valley
The Green River drives the history of the White River Valley. It has been sculptor, highway,… [more]
East Valley Highway Foundry
This is a photo of a foundry that was once on East Valley Highway, date unknown.… [more]
Easter Bonnet Tea Filling Up Fast!
The 12pm seating is almost full! Call today to reserve your spot!… [more]
This is a glass negative of a very dignified Mr. & Mrs. Burke, who lived near O’Brien, c.1880
A parcel immediately south of the Nelson farm, the original Peter Saar Homestead, was owned by the Burke family.
Another Kent native who went into pro football was Kai Ellis. He graduated from Kentridge High School!
He played for the University of Washington, the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League, the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent, the Calgary Stampeders, Ottawa Renegades, and Montreal Alouettes.
Read more about him here:
(photo courtesy of http://www.cfl.ca/…/…/07/kai-ellis-signs-new-deal-with-esks/)