The Museum is located in the historic Bereiter House at 855 East Smith Street.
Parking is available behind the house off East Temperance Street.
The Museum is open Wednesday through Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m. and by appointment.
Phone # (253) 854-4330
Admission is by a suggested $2 donation; no tickets are required for entrance to the Museum.
The Greater Kent Historical Society (GKHS) is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization in the state of Washington that promotes the discovery, preservation and dissemination of knowledge about the history of the greater Kent area.
All donations are tax deductible as allowed by IRS law.
GKHS operates the Kent Historical Museum.
Please see our profile on GuideStar.org for more details.
Author Archives: gkhs
The 12pm seating is almost full! Call today to reserve your spot!
The Greater Kent Historical Society is looking to hire a Museum Director. If you know anyone who might have the proper qualifications, please share this post with them! Closing date for applications is April 12. POSITION DESCRIPTION Position Description: … Continue reading
We will be having two settings for a tea at the museum on April 15th, 12pm and 3pm! There will be a prize for the Most Interesting, Outrageous and Creative Hat! Cost is $15 per person Children over the age … Continue reading
Dinner and Conversation with Dea Drake at the Bereiter House. Enjoy a dinner together and then watch a presentation given by local volunteer, Dea Drake, who worked at the refugee Camp Moria in Greece last year. Sure to be an … Continue reading
Exciting things are happening around the museum! We are getting the living room walls professionally repaired and painted, so part of the museum is not accessible for a couple of days. To see the new paint job, come by next … Continue reading
This photo shows a typical catch of Steelhead from the Green River here in Kent c.1940! (Shown are Kent-Meridian Pioneers: Thomas Manty, Gary Wingate Willson, Fonda Wingate-Willson Zimmerman, Smith Wingate Willson)
Today we just received a donation of before “Highlights” children’s activity books from the 1930’s! This ad really shows how lucky we are to have the internet now, our kids can see the “World’s Beautiful Pictures” with a quick online … Continue reading
This is a glass negative of a very dignified Mr. & Mrs. Burke, who lived near O’Brien, c.1880 A parcel immediately south of the Nelson farm, the original Peter Saar Homestead, was owned by the Burke family.